Medicine for Vomiting / Nausea
- Cinnarizine, cyclizine, promethazine – these medicines belong to a group of medicines called antihistamines.
- Hyoscine – this medicine works by blocking a chemical in the brain called acetylcholine.
- Chlorpromazine, haloperidol, perphenazine, prochlorperazine, levomepromazine – these medicines work by blocking a chemical in the brain called dopamine.
- Metoclopramide – this medicine works directly on your gut. It eases the feelings of sickness by helping to empty the stomach and speed up how quickly food moves through the gut.
- Domperidone – this medicine works on the CTZ. (CTZ stands for chemoreceptor trigger zone.)
- Dexamethasone – this is a steroid medicine.
- Granisetron, ondansetron, and palonosetron – these medicines work by blocking a chemical called serotonin (5-HT) in the gut, and the brain.